2018 King & Wood Mallesons Free Chinese Classes
In partnership with King & Wood Mallesons, MCLS is proud to announce that we are running our Free Mandarin Chinese classes in 2018! Through these classes, MCLS endeavours to create greater awareness of Chinese language, law, business and culture and we have done so since 2009. Our classes aim to develop your knowledge of the technicalities of Chinese language, conversational skills and writing, with a particular focus on Chinese business culture and law. Classes are open to anyone interested in improving their Chinese language skills.
The classes are very relaxed and responsive to your level as a student. We have class streams which cater to all levels of language ability:
- Beginner (HSK 1): for those who have either never seen the inside of a Chinese classroom, or have only had a fleeting glance.
- Post-Beginner (HSK 2): for those who’ve attended the Beginner class last semester or have a grasp on the basics.
- Intermediate (HSK3): for those with an existing knowledge of the language, but are not yet confident in their speaking and writing ability.
- Advanced (HSK 4): for students with a fairly strong ability and are looking to maintain their competencies and build their vocabulary.
- Enrichment (HSK 4+: for advanced students who are aiming to apply their Chinese skills in practical contexts
We welcome students and professionals not only from legal backgrounds but from other faculties, universities and all walks of life who are interested in learning or improving their Chinese.
Classes are designed in a way that YOU CAN JOIN ANYTIME. They are designed to be welcoming in such a way that students can join and participate even if they have missed previous classes.
Wednesdays 6:30 – 7:30pm (7 March – 16 May 2018)*
*We do not run classes during Melbourne University’s non-teaching periods. Consequently, there will be no classes during the week of easter break, and on ANZAC Day.
All classes are held at Melbourne Law School, 185 Pelham Street, Carlton on Levels 1 & Mezzanine.
Streams & Rooms: